As HomeTown Bank MN completes its system conversion, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
Express Connect will be down from June 19th, 2017 to June 26th, 2017.
To complete these instructions, you will need your User ID and Password for each Financial Institution.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Thank you for making these important changes!
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help in your QuickBooks application.. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help in your QuickBooks application. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
NOTE: If multiple computers do not use the same QuickBooks data file, skip step 3. QuickBooks activities such as Internet Banking cannot be performed in multi-user mode because of the way the activities interact with the company data file.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
NOTE: If you are not using Classic Mode (Register Mode), enable it for the conversion. You can change it back after the conversion is complete.
- Enable Classic Mode (Register Mode). For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help in your QuickBooks application. Search for Banking Feed Modes, select Bank Feeds Modes Overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Match Downloaded Transactions
If new transactions were received from your connection, accept all new transactions into the appropriate registers.
If you need assistance matching transactions, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Matching Transactions and follow the instructions.
NOTE: All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to disconnecting your accounts.
Task 3: Disconnect Accounts at HomeTown Bank MN on or after 6/19/2017.
- Choose the Lists menu > Chart of Accounts
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit menu > Edit Account.
- Click on the Bank Feed Settings tab in the Edit Account window.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services and click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
Task 4: Reconnect Accounts to HomeTown Bank MN on or after 6/19/2017.
- Log in the Internet Banking site from https://htbmn.com/ and download your QuickBooks Web Connect File.
- Click File > Utilities > Import > Web Connect Files.
NOTE: Take note of the date you last had a successful connection. If you have overlapping dates in the web-connect process, you may end up with duplicate transactions.
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Web Connect.
- Click the Import new transactions now radio button, then click OK.
NOTE: If you previously removed the check from the “Always give me the option of saving to a file…” option, then this dialog will not display.
- In the Select Bank Account dialog, click Use an Existing QuickBooks account.
- In the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account, and click Continue.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking OK.
- Repeat steps for each account to be reconnected.
IMPORTANT: Verify that all the transactions downloaded successfully into your account registers.
Task 5: Re-enable Express Mode (if necessary)
NOTE: If you prefer Classic Mode (Register Mode), you are finished with your conversion. If you use Express Mode for Internet Banking, you may now re-enable the mode.
- For instructions to enable Express Mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help in your QuickBooks application. Search for Banking Feed Modes, select Bank Feeds Modes Overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
Please contact your local HomeTown Bank if you need further help with connecting your accounts to Quicken or QuickBooks.